Tucker County Chamber Award Nominations
The 45th Annual Tucker County Chamber of Commerce Awards Banquet will beth held on Thursday, May 18th at Canaan Valley Resort and the Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for six different awards categories. The categories are Educator of the Year, Student of the Year, Employee of the Year, Business Person of the Year, the Community Service Award, and the coveted “Tuckineer”.
Nominations will be accepted until the end of business on Friday, April 21st. They can be mailed to Awards Selection Committee, PO Box 565, Davis, WV 26260 or emailed to email@example.com
For more information, contact the Chamber office at 304-259-5315.
- “2023” Tuckineer; This secret award is for someone who is outstanding in his/her field and goes above and beyond the call of duty to make Tucker County a better place to live, work and own/operate a business through their public service to this community. The term “Tuckineer” is derived from “Tucker” and “Mountaineer”
- Educator of the Year; This is someone within the educational community who has gone the extra mile to educate and prepare our students within the community.
- Student of the Year; This award goes to a student who is outstanding in academic achievements, displays leadership qualities and is engaged in community service.
- Employee of the Year; Awarded to the person that works for someone else but who’s commitment and dedication was as if the business was their own. This person arrives early, stays late and otherwise “throws the job description out of the window” to do what needs to be done.
- Business or Business Person of the Year; This person owns or operates a business and always has his/her employees and community at heart.
- 2023 Community Service Award; Awarded to the person that strives to make the county a better place through service to the community.
Nominations will be accepted until the end of business on Friday April 21st. It is important to include a brief resume or explanation for your nominations.
Please get your nominations in by April 21st.
They can be emailed or mailed into the office. Remember to be as specific as possible when nominating and to provide your own personal nomination letter. This helps the secret committee with making their decision for each category.
Po Box 565 Davis, WV